Information for Parents and Carers of Children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities

SEND Information Report

 At Hartford Junior School we provide equality of opportunity for all children to develop as successful learners and we recognise that some children have learning difficulties or a disability which call for special provision to be made for him or her.

All children may have special needs at some time in their lives.

Children have SEN if their learning difficulty means:

  • they have significantly greater difficulty in learning than the majority of children of the same age;
  • they have a disability which prevents or hinders them from making use of the educational facilities that are provided for other children of the same age.

( SEND Code of Practice 2014)

Hartford Junior’s is a mainstream Junior School of over 200 pupils aged 7 -11 years with 2 forms per year group. We are part of the CAM academy trust.  We aim to ensure that all children in school are encouraged, valued and accepted equally, regardless of their ability, physical or mental health. We have person centred approach to meetings and reviews and use restorative approaches in behaviour management.

 We have a wide experience of different SEND needs including, but not limited to:

 ADHD ( Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)

  • Autistic Spectrum Conditions
  • Cerebral Palsy
  • Down’s syndrome
  • Dyslexia
  • Dyspraxia
  • Hearing impairments
  • Irlands syndrome
  • Social, Emotional and mental health difficulties
  • Speech, language and communication needs
  • Visual Impairments

 To see the full report click on :  Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) School Information Report


Please click here for information on the Cambridgeshire's Local Offer for children with SEND - http://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/send

Our school offer.

School offer 2016-17.docx

 Further information and support for parents

Following our SEND parents forum meeting, a parent has kindly brought together a list of helpful websites of organisations which can help families of children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities. Included in this list is the Cambridgeshire Local Authority’s Parent Partnership, the service which the school can officially recommend and that we can put you in touch with. Other services are independent from the school and Local Authority, so while listing them as potentially good sources of information, the school cannot be responsible for any information they may give.


Parent Partnership Service form Cambridgeshire Local Authority



Core Assets Children’s ServicesIndependent Support throughout EHCP assessment and planning process 


Helpline number:  0800 028 8455


IPSEAIndependent Parental Special Education Advice

www.ipsea.org.uk – a call back can be booked on the website


SOS!SENIndependent Helpline for Special Educational Needs


Helpline number:  020 8538 3731


Contact A FamilySupport, information and Advice


Helpline number:  0808 808 3555