PRIVACY NOTICE – DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998
We Hartford Junior School are the Data Controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act.
Personal data is held by the school about those employed or otherwise engaged to work at the school. This is to assist in the smooth running of the school and/or enable individuals to be paid. This personal data includes some of the following: identifiers such as name and National Insurance Number, characteristics such as ethnic group, employment contract and remuneration details, post "A" level qualifications and absence information.
The collection of this information will benefit both national and local users by:
Improving the management of school workforce data across the sector
- Enabling a comprehensive picture of the workforce and how it is deployed to be built up
- Informing the development of recruitment and retention policies
- Allowing better financial modelling and planning
- Enabling ethnicity and disability monitoring
- Supporting the work of the School Teacher Review Board and the School Support Staff Negotiating Body
We are required to pass on some of this data to:
- The LA
- The Department for Education (DfE)
If you require more information about how the LA and/or DfE store and use this data please use the following contact details
- One Vision Service at email@example.com Tel 01480 355977
- Data Protection Team Tel 01223 699137
- Public Communications Unit
Department for Education
Great Smith Street
London SW1P 3BT
e mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel 0870 000 2288
We will not give information about you to anyone outside the school or LA without your consent unless the law and our rules allow us to.