Sports Premium Funding
Please click on the link below for the 2015 2016 Olympic Sports Premium for our school.
Hartford Junior Sports Event
Thanks to everybody for your support at Sports Day. The weather tried to stop us, but we had a lovely family lunch on the field, some great competitive events and the collaborative team games at the end. Congratulations to the Green Team who won with an amazing 3855 points. Well done everybody!
Hunts SSP Quad Kids Athletics Results
‘I’ve never run 600m before and I didn’t care that I came last, I am just pleased that I finished!’ - Pupil Quote
We were thrilled to read the above quote from the Quad Kids Athletics, there were many other complimentary quotes but this one was inspiring and just want we want to achieve.
Congratulations to all of the schools and the 350 pupils who competed in the Hunts SSP Quad Kids athletics on Tuesday, 13 June. We had fantastic weather and all 41 teams enjoyed a great day of athletics in A, B and C teams.
The young leaders supporting the event from Abbey College, Hinchingbrooke, St Ivo, Longsands and St Peters School were amazing in supporting the participants, running alongside runners, encouraging and guiding them through their activities. We are very grateful them for all of their hard work. The schools who qualified to represent Hunts at the School Games are as follows, a full list of the results will be posted on the Hunts SSP Website on Monday.
- First Place: Spaldwick Primary School
- Runner Up St Helen’s Primary School
- First Place: Crosshall Junior School A Team
- Runner Up: Buckden Primary School A Team
During the event School Games values were awarded to pupils but a special commendation goes to Milo from Abbots Ripton for stopping mid race to support a fellow runner who had tripped up.
Fantastic to see great sportsmanship.
The following are examples of the School Games Values Awards:
Respect Danny who showed respect and encouragement to a fellow competition during the long jump and Sunny for being friendly and welcoming to other competitors.
Team Work - Oliver for encouraging Jack whilst throwing the Vortex and Shannon for always looking out for her team mates.
Self Belief -Amelia for intelligent strategic running which made her win the 600m and Maisie setting herself a target of finishing in the top 3 in her races – she did it!
Passion - Ella after a jump off with Roundhouse she came second and Jake Excited to attend and compete
Honesty - Lily trying to do her best and compete fairly in all events and Jack always making sure that the competition started fairly.
Determination - Harry – in a tough 600m race he didn’t give up and preserved until the end, and Maisie for not giving up when it would have been easy to!
Schools attending said:
- ‘An enjoyable, inspiring sporting event, capturing the essence of the primary sporting values.’
- ‘Very well organised and lovely atmosphere, teams great at encouraging each other, a great afternoon.’
- ‘An exciting afternoon with a very positive atmosphere’
- ‘The sports leaders were lovely, especially supporting those children struggling but also in their coaching and advice’
- ‘Brilliantly organised, loads of fun’
- ‘Excellent organisation, and the sports leaders engagement with the participants was full of encouragement, a fun afternoon had by all.’
Pupils participating said:
- ‘I am proud of everybody and myself’
- ‘Loads of fun and great things to do, the 600m was tough but I managed to win!’
- ‘I liked competing against schools, they were well friendly but it was nice when we beat them and won!’
- ‘We all tried our best at everything regardless of where we came. No one gave up, we carried on’